Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Meme

So, I have been terrible about blogging. I still have great intentions of posting my recent happenings. Stay tuned for blogs about our recent weekends of parties and home organizing (wow, that sounds really enticing, right?)

For now, its about the "meme." Apparently, a meme is a weird blog chain thing, which in effect requires me to answer some information about myself. I was just "tagged" by my friend Kajal. While chains blogs aren't typically my thing, I figure if Kajal can participate after JUST having a baby, I can do it 16 months post-partum.

According to Kajal, this is how it works:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

For what its worth, I found out Kajal tagged me by reading it on her site, not by the instructed post to my blog. Since she is likely sleep deprived and busy with daily and poop/pee counting, I won't hold it against her. Just imagine trying to keep track of the number of pee and poop diapers in a 24 hour period when you haven't sleep in about 2 weeks and aren't really sure when one day stopped and the next day started. (Welcome to parenthood, Kajal!)

Anyway, here are the random things about myself:
  1. I like fresh sheet. While this does pertain to my habits in bed, please don't confuse it for a desire for "fresh meat." When sleeping, I like to roll over onto cool sheet that hasn't been warmed anyone sleeping on it. Depending on how frequently the desire for fresh sheet hits me, it can be very unaccommodating for anyone sharing my bed. Compound this with random fact #2 and you are really in trouble.
  2. I hate to be wasteful. This rule applies to my sleeping arrangements in that I like to utilize all possible real estate in the bed. Why sleep on just one side of the bed when you can take advantage of the whole thing my sleeping diagonally?
  3. I love condiments. In my opinion, pasta is just a means for eating the sauce and salad a means for eating the dressing. The best thing about a hamburger is all the stuff you can slop on it...forget the meat; just extra mustard and ketchup, please.
  4. I am a morning person. If I don't get up and get going immediately, the entire day is shot. I can't relax until I accomplish something for the day, so its best to just get it over with first thing. As soon as I wake up (from a diagonal position), I am ready to go.
  5. I need to sit on top of my feet to concentrate. Really. In meetings, its not exactly appropriate to kneel in the chair, so I have devised a way to inconspicuously pull my foot under my butt without being obvious in order to stay engaged with the conversation. You can only do one leg without anyone noticing, but remaining half engaged seems to be sufficient.
  6. I am terrible at people recognition. Jay just saw Kevin Federline at a bar; or maybe it was Justin Timberlake (I can't keep the Britney ex's straight). I am positive I wouldn't recognize either if I saw them in public. ...OK, you're right, this is just a way to sneak a celebrity siting into the blog.

Thanks Kajal for motivating me to write a post. Now, if you could just motivate me to find 6 friends with blogs. Maybe thing is something to tackle in the morning while sitting on my feet after a night of diagonal/fresh-sheet sleep and fueling up on condiment-laden toast. I just hope I don't have to recognize them in person.

No comments: