Shortly after my last post I took Mia to the doctor for her two year check up (yep, I was behind on that too) and the doctor informs me that she has a terrible ear infection. It was so bad that she wanted me to look at it. She stuck her little instrument in Mia's ear and positioned it for me to see. Mia was fussing because she hates being prodded, so I said I saw the terrible infection even though I couldn't see squat. (I know, breaking promises, lying to the doctor, and less than stellar parenting skills...I should be so proud of myself). So, we get the antibiotics and follow the 10-day prescription.
Fast forward to yesterday and Mia casually says her ear hurts. She only mentions it once, but later that evening it appears there is some blood in her ear. I take her to the doctor today and she has two raging ear infections. The doctor says there are blisters on her eardrums and one probably burst causing the blood. She seems shocked that Mia is not complaining about it, and we get another round of antibiotics.
So, perhaps its not the terrible twos to blame for her poor behavior. Maybe its just that she has basically had an ear infection for the past few months. And should this make me feel better or worse?
No comments:
Post a Comment