Yes, I am feeling sorry for myself. Yes, I am complaining. Yes, Jay owes me BIG TIME when he is back in town.
Jay left for a business trip to NYC yesterday, meaning the opportunity was ripe for Mia to get sick. We've sort of made a habit of this.
Last night she got up at 1:30am then again at 3:30am without any indication of what was wrong. It was much more obvious when I went to get her at 7:30am and her sheets were completely soiled. Yuck. So, in addition to having to take out the garbage (my least favorite chore), I had to start laundry and clean Mia. All this on no coffee because there were no beans ground.
I dropped Mia off at school despite her obvious illness because I had an all day meeting I really couldn't miss. Jay called around noon to say school had in fact called, but not for her being sick, but because she twisted her ankle and wouldn't walk on it. So I pick her up (leaving the meeting) and am able to get her an appointment with a orthopedist.
The comedy of errors really begins when I go home to print and complete the paperwork before the appointment. First, I have to figure out how to get the computer back online. Then I have to figure out the address of the doctor's office. Then I have to figure out how to replace the ink cartridge in the printer. After completing about 10 forms, I realize I had the office wrong and Iwon't be able to complete the forms beforehand after all. I wake Mia up and am on my way, until the GPS takes me to a dead end rather than the doctor's office. I finally get to the office and need to change Mia about 3 times while I am there. This didn't prevent her from soiling her clothes on the first blowout, so I have to leave her in dirty pants because I have nothing else with me. After the x-rays, but before we see the doctor, she is walking, making it clear that her ankle is just fine and the trip was unnecessary to begin with.
The diarrhea hasn't stopped, so it looks like I'll be up all night with her and home with her tomorrow as well. I'm sure she'll be recovered by the time Jay gets back in town.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh girl you get to whine...this seems like it blows. Jay better bring you a present from up here :-). I'll have a glass of wine for you tomorrow.
Post a Comment