And while you may be reading this and thinking how shallow I am if my biggest concerns are getting up early/looking decent at work/people thinking I look like crap, it took a serious event for me to come to this conclusion on my own.
At around 3:30pm, there was a plane crash in New York. Apparently, the plane flew into a flock of geese, damaging the engine. The pilot made a controlled landing into the Hudson and everyone survived (except the geese, I guess). I can't imagine how scary this must have been for the people in New York. With 9/11 in the not-so-distant past, it must have been terrifying to see a plane coming right at the city.

While Jay may be a little disappointed that his flight was delayed and he will be getting home late, we are very thankful he wasn't treading water in 20 degree weather. Just look at the people standing on the wings of the plane...and I was complaining of a cold draft on my legs over lunch!
1 comment:
VERY happy to be home safely. My flight was originally scheduled to leave within 10 minutes of the US Airways flight.
Post a Comment