Monday, January 12, 2009

I Smell Another Sleepless Night

Its 3am and I can't sleep.  You would think this is a really good time for blog posting, but not being able to sleep has nothing to do with not being tired.  I am exhausted...which may make me incapable of stringing together complete thoughts.  

The interesting thing about my insomnia is that usually involves some sort of ridiculous obsessing.  One obsessive thought leads to the next until before you know it, I am so wound up that there is little to no chance of sleeping.  

Tonight's original obsession was the smell of onion from the Lentil and Swiss Chard soup we made today. It began when I woke up at 12:30am as Jay got into bed.   Here is the thought pattern:  What is that smell?  Is it Jay?  Why does Jay smell like an onion?  Or is it me?  Oh, its the soup!  Is the smell on my clothes?  Should I change?  Would it go away if I turned on the fan?  No, I can't sleep with the fan.  OMG, the smell had probably made its way to my jacket, meaning it will follow me around all day tomorrow at work!  And with that, there was no way I was going back to sleep. 

Using my time wisely tonight, I figured out how to transfer files from IPhoto to IMovie HD, then edit, compress and post them to my blog.  After achieving success with "I like to move it, move it" (must learn to make this a link to that entry),  I've decided to post a few others.  

Here is Mia "dancing" to songs from the alphabet-learning-fridge-toy-thing.  I think she is working on her pirouette.  The image quality is terrible, but you get the idea.

Continuing with the music theme, here she Mia learning about the harmonica.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the dancing...and her dress.